Sunday, November 9, 2008

my new art journal


I bought this awesome 100% recycled-paper Ecojot journal at Dandelion Mud Pie yesterday.



I love the sturdy coils and thick, cardboard covers.



Last night I started prepping the pages - randomly pasting in scraps of coloured paper and ephemera. Later I wrote notes to myself on some of the pages.



This morning I finished the inside front cover spread. The collaged paper on the right side was actually the first page, describing the journal. I ripped it out and tore it and pasted it back into the journal on one of the sturdier note pages.



This is the second spread that I completed this morning. What I love about this journal is that it can stand on its side, which will allow me to display one page at a time. I'll have to remember that when I'm composing future pages.

2 comments:

Helen Nestor said...

Oh my goodness. I just read this entry Michelle and you mention my shop. Thank you so much and I'm glad you are enjoying your journal!!!
I hope life is treating you gently.
Helen

Michelle Lynne Goodfellow said...

Hi Helen! I miss visiting Dandelion Mud Pie so much! Would you like to open a second shop in London? I'd manage it for you... ;)